delilah winders mac & cheese
Why I Love This Recipe
This is Delilah Winder's mac and cheese as featured on Oprah and throw down with Bobby Flay in which she came a very close second.
Ingredients You'll Need
* 2 lbs elbow macaroni
* 12 eggs
* 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
* 1/2 lb butter (2 sticks, melted)
* 6 cups half-and-half
* 4 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
* 2 cups of extra sharp white cheddar cheese
* 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1 cup grated asiago cheese
* 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
* 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
* 1 cup grated muenster cheese
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Bring a large sauce pan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente (about 10 minutes); drain and set aside to keep warm.
3. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the Velveeta, butter, and 2 cups of the half and half in a large bowl. Add the warm macaroni and toss until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half and half, 3 cups of the yellow cheddar, the remaining grated cheeses and the salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch casserole or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of yellow cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.