"Homemade white sauce"Serves 1-2 | Prep Time 10- 15 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Honestly, when I first decided I was going to make this I thought it really wouldn't work. It wasn't a complete disaster because I got figure how to make it work for me. And I just love pasta in general so, it was great. You can also add alot of different elements into this recipe to take it to the next level. Like maybe add some mushrooms or broccoli. Don't want to add anything that's fine too, there is a lot of flavour and it's great just as it is as well.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup penne
1 cup milk
1 medium onion
3-4 cloves of garlic
2-3 green chillies
1 teaspoon All purpose flour
1 teaspoon oil
1. First add water into a pot and once it boils put in the pasta to cook. Add a pinch of salt and a but of oil into the pot. Drain the pasta just slightly before it's cooked.
3. Put sauce pan on the flame and put in the oil.
4. Chop the onion and garlic and add into sauce pan. Cut the green chilli lengthwise and add as well.
5. After about 2 minutes add in two table spoons of complete seasoning and saute until onion is softened.
6. Now add the milk into the same sauce pan and reduce flame to medium, add in pepper and salt if needed at this point.
7. Allow the milk to rapidly boil for about 2 minutes then add in the all purpose flour.
8. As soon as it starts to thicken taste it add in anything if you feel is missing. Add in the boiled pasta and mix.
9. Now allow everything to well incorporate and plate and add some cheese.
Note: it the milk doesn't start to thicken add a bit more all purpose flour but add in a little at a time.
Also if you don't have complete seasoning just add any herbs and spices you have and make sure to taste test before thickening.
Pairs Well With