Ume ochazuke (rice soup with Japanese pickled plums)
"(rice soup with Japanese pickled plums)"Serves 1 | Prep Time 5 min | Cook Time 5 min
Why I Love This Recipe
I love how simple and easy this recipe is along with being very healthy. I would use use Lundberg Family Farms Organic Sushi Rice as it's highly recommended through Amazon.
Update: I have also tried using Forbidden Black Rice and it tastes pretty good also. It has quite a nutty taste in every bite.
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1/2 cup Japanese rice
• 3/4 cup hot green tea
• nori (cut into thin strips or shredded)
• 1-2 umeboshi (Japanese pickled plum)
• 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
• 2 tablespoons Shungiku (Japanese herbs) or cilantro (chopped)
1. Put rice in a bowl and pour enough green tea to cover 3/4 of the rice.
2. Add toppings and serve immediately.