Three Cheese Beer Bread
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
6½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
1½ cups sour cream
2 cups beer, at room temperature
½ cup tomato juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups (6 oz) Gruyere cheese
1 cup (3 oz) Parmesan cheese
2 cups (6 oz) white cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
2. Grate all of the cheese.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, dried mustard and Italian herbs.
4. Remove a 1/ 2 cup of the white cheddar and 1/2 cup of the Gruyere cheese and a 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and set aside for the topping of the bread. Add the rest of the cheeses to the flour mixture. Using your fingers mix in the cheese so all the cheese is coated in flour.
5. In a separate bowl whisk together the beer, sour cream, tomato juice, eggs and worcestershire sauce until thoroughly combined.
6. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula just till mixed. Do not over mix.
7. Divide the batter between the two greased loaf pans and press down with a spatula. Sprinkle the top with the cheese that was set aside earlier.
8. Bake for 50 -55 minutes or until done. Allow to cool in the pans for 15 minutes before removing them from the pans. Place on a wire rack to cool.