Why I Love This Recipe
I'm a recipe tweeker. I find recipes and then change them to make them my own. I don't do that with all my recipes, but with a lot of them. This is a spin on my Gramma's quiche...
Ingredients You'll Need
• 4 eggs
• 1 1/2 cups skim milk
• 1 1/2 cups shredded 2 % Sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
• 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
In a large bowl, beat eggs; whisk in milk, 1 cup cheese, onion, bacon, salt, mustard and paprika. Add spinach. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge comes out clean.