Spicy Stuffed Peppers
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups water
1 cup uncooked white rice
4 large bell peppers, colors of your choice
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
red pepper flakes, amount varies depending on how spicy you want it. I used about 1 tsp.
2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Cut off tops of bell peppers. Remove seeds and white parts.
Place bell peppers in medium saucepan with enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove peppers from the water and set aside in a baking dish.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain.
Return to heat and mix in onoin, cooked rice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Pour in tomato sauce and mix thoroughly.
Let simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat.
5. Spoon the meat mixture into bell peppers. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the mixture begins to turn golden brown.
6. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese over the top of each stuffed pepper.
Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.