"Indian flatbread"Serves 12 rotis | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15-20
Why I Love This Recipe
This is just soo easy to make and tastes great with almost any indian curry. But beware the first couple times your roti may not end up looking circular or may not be as soft as it should be. If I being honest it takes practice and patience and I still don't always get circular rotis.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups whole wheat flour ( plus extra for dusting)
Water as needed
Oil if needed
1. Put the flour in a bowl. Add water a little at a time.
2. I used a bit more than 1 cup. The dough should be soft and pliable. Add oil if dough is sticky, I used about a tablespoon of oil.
3. Section the dough into 12 equal parts.
4. Roll the part into a ball and flatten the ball down with the palms of your hand.
5. Now, put it into the flour covering it completely.
6. Use the rolling pin to start to make the circular shape of the roti. You can maneuver it as need and add more flour if the dough starts to stick.
7. The rotis ended up about 6 inches in diameter. Once you have your circle put it onto a hot skillet.
8. Keep it on that side until little bubbles form then flip.
9. One you flip, in about 30 seconds, the other side should have brown spots.
10. Flip again and now use a bunched napkin to lightly create a puff. If rolled evenly the whole roti will puff up. Now its ready.
11. You can brush the roti with ghee if you like.
Pairs Well With