"If you love pumpkin then you're going to want to try out this recipe!"Serves 4 | Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
I am not a big fan of pumpkin, but this one of my grandmas favorite recipes!
Ingredients You'll Need
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 15 oz canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp thyme leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, grated
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground pepper
Salt to taste
2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds, to garnish
1. Heat a heavy bottom pot with butter, once the butter is melted add garlic and onions and cook until the onions turn translucent.
2. Add in the pumpkin puree, thyme, ginger, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Now add the chicken broth and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Finally add the heavy cream and remove the pot from the heat.
5. Using an immersion blender puree the soup.
6. Transfer the soup to a bowl and garnish with pumpkin seeds before serving.
Pairs Well With
This would well with some bread and butter!