Why I Love This Recipe
On the Jewish holidays my dear friend would serve this as one of her dinner dishes. Enjoyed it so much.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 - 3 lbs brisket
1 package of Lipton Onion Soup
16 oz of homemade tomato sauce or jar of cooked tomatoes with mushrooms.
1. can of sliced mushrooms if using homemade tomato sauce.
1. Place onion soup in a frying pan with 1 tbs of water. Add meat and brown on both sides for about 10 minutes or so.
2. Place meat and scrapings in pan to a roasting pan add some water, and tomato sauce with mushrooms. If using fresh mushroom saute first.
Can also add some carrots and potatoes.
3. Cook at 300 degrees for about 2-3 hours. About an hour a lb until meat is tender.
4. Please in plate and slice then serve. Enjoy
Pairs Well With
potatoes, carrots and delicious bread.