Patrice Olivon's Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
• 2 egg yolks
• 4 oz clarified butter
• Lemon juice
• Salt/cayenne pepper
• White Vinegar
• English Muffin
• House-smoked Salmon
• Oven dried tomatoes
• Sauteed Spinach
1. Whisk egg yolks (with a little water so as to get foam when whisking) in stainless steel bowl over softly boiling/simmering water until double in volume and pale yellow and ribbony -- being very careful to adjust heat by moving bowl so as not to harden/cook eggs
2. Remove eggs from heat and carefully whisk in clarified butter
3. Whisk in lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
1. Poach eggs in large amount of water brought to a gentle simmer; small amount of white vinegar to help coagulate whites
2. Simmer just below boiling
3. Remove with slotted spoon when whites are completely cooked and yolk is heated through. Drain on paper towel.
To Assemble: Place toasted half of brioche roll or English muffin, add Canadian bacon (or smoked salmon etc), add sautéed spinach, gently placing poached egg on top of spinach. Cover completely with Hollandaise.