Why I Love This Recipe
Provided with love by Daniel Sanchez-Garcia
Ingredients You'll Need
White Onion (or Red)
Chile de Arbol
1 Red Tomato
1. Boil the following: Chile de arbol and the red tomato in one pan and the potatoes in a separate one.
2. Once both the chile and red tomato are ready - liquify them in a blender and add a tooth of garlic and salt (to your liking) and liquify again - then pour onto a sauté pan and let it simmer.
3. Take the bolillo and drown it onto the liquified chile, until it is completely drenched in sauce.
4. Pour a bit of oil of your liking on a clean separate sauté pan and sauté the bolillo until slightly seared on both sides.
5. Grab the boiled potatoes and smush them with a small hole masher – then sauté the chorizo and add the mashed potato onto the sauté where the chorizo is, combining both into one (do not overcook).
6. You then grab a cooking spoon and grab a good quantity of the potatoes with chorizo (mix) and slab it on the bolillo (on both the top and bottom).
7. Grill the steak and chop it up.
8. Shred the fresh cheese with a cheese grater.
9. Cut the lettuce – thin sliced.
10. Sour cream will be utilized as a garnish – to your liking.
11. You put them all together and you have yourself a PANBASO!