"Deep-fried onion snacks"Serves 2 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Are you craving an evening snack with your chai? Well, this is it. While this can serve as a great appetizer, it is especially amazing as an evening snack. It's a couple hours after lunch time but still too early for dinner; that's my favourite time to have this. For me it's home, it's something I know which is why I love it so much. And by the way this cook book also that the recipe for chai, which pair amazingly well with these onion pakora.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 medium sized onion
1/2 cup gram flour
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
Oil to deep fry
1. In a bowl, add the gram flour, salt and red chili powder and mix well.
2. Add enough water to make a pancake batter like consistency.
3. Mix until there are no lumps. Keep aside.
4. In a pot, heat the oil.
5. While the oil is heating, cut the onion into about 1/2 inch rings.
6. Dip the rings into the previously made batter and fry.
7. Remove the onion pakoras and place it onto a plate lined with paper napkins to absorb the excess oil.
Pairs Well With
Chai (you can find the recipe in this cookbook)