Olive Oil Herb Roasted Chicken and Veggies
"Olive Oil Herb Roasted Chicken and Veggies is a simple, healthy, delicious one pan meal and a great recipe idea for Sunday dinner or a no fuss weeknight meal!"Serves 4 | Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 90 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Olive Oil Herb Roasted Chicken and Veggies is one of those fabulous one pan meals that is simple to put together. This is a delicious choice for Sunday dinner with the family or an easy weeknight meal. Serve my Olive Oil Herb Roasted Chicken and Veggies for family and friends! No one will believe it only took about 15 minutes to put together!
This is a perfect Sunday dinner! Meat, veggies and potatoes all in the same pan! If you are planning to serve this for a weeknight meal, prep everything the night before. That way, when you get home from work the next day, just pop it into the oven for about an hour an a half! Easy! More than likely you will have leftover chicken that you can enjoy in other recipes, or that you can serve in salad or sandwiches for lunch the next day. You sure can’t beat two meals in one!
Ingredients You'll Need
• One 5 1/2 to 6 Pound Roasting Chicken
• 1/3 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 2 Tsp. Black Pepper
• 2 Tsp. Sea Salt
• 1 Tsp. Lemon Pepper
• 1 Tablespoon plus 1 Tsp. Dried Rosemary
• 2 Tablespoons plus 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
• 1 Head of Garlic
• 1/2 Pound Baby Carrots
• 1 Large Sweet Onion
• 6 Medium Yellow Potatoes
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Remove giblets from chicken. Rinse and dry well. Season the cavity of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
3. Place chicken in large roasting pan.
4. Brush with the two tablespoons of olive oil and season with the one teaspoon of rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Clean the head of garlic. If the cloves are small, leave them whole. If the cloves are large, slice in half lengthwise.
6. Clean the onion and cut into eighths.
7. Rinse and dry the yellow potatoes. No need to peel yellow/golden potatoes. Cut into eighths.
8. Rinse and dry the baby carrots.
9. Place the third cup of olive oil into a large bowl. Add spices and herbs and whisk well.
10. Add the vegetables and toss to coat.
11. Arrange the prepared veggies around the chicken.
12. Place chicken and vegetables on middle rack in oven.
13. Roast, uncovered for about an hour and one half. Baste the chicken occasionally with pan juices.
14. Chicken is done when meat thermometer registers 170 degrees when inserted into thigh.
15. Serves 4
Pairs Well With