Milti Berry Tart (and Pie crust!)
"If you have always been bad at baking this is a winner and super easy to make!"Serves 15 | Prep Time 30min | Cook Time 45 min
Why I Love This Recipe
American Pie aint got nothing on this berry mix.
Ingredients You'll Need
"For the Crust
- 2/3 cup (140 g) soft unsalted butter
- 2 eggs XL - 3 small eggs
- 1/2 cup (140 Grams) ester sugar
- 1 3/4 cup (180 grams) all purpose flour
- Pray oil ( or butter to grease the pan)
- Bag of mixed barrier (frozen) - 500 gram minimum
- 2/4 cup (180 grams) sugar
- 1/3 cup (60 grams) 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Crust
1. Mix the room temp butter with the sugar in an electric mixer until its light and fluffy.
2. Mix in flour slowly until there’s a sandy/cement texture to the mix THEN add the eggs. Mix through
3. Stick that mix into the fridge (covered - either with plastic wrap or simple another plate) for 30 minutes.
4. Prep your surface for rolling out the dough by first disinfecting and then dusting with more flour so it prevents sticking. Next, flour your rolling pin (if you don’t have this, a empty wine bottle with the label peeled off washed and dusted works).
5. Preheat fan-forced oven to 220°C (425°F) and grease your pie dish with spray oil.
6. Taking out the dough from the fridge and drop on the the floured surface (I like to use my countertop)., and roll our with your rolling pin to match the size of your pie/tart pan
7. Put the pie crust into the pie pan, push with fingers or with a fork pie evenly into all parts of pie pan
8. Stick in the over for 20 minutes at 220, or until crust is colder, reduce the temperature to 180°C (350°F) and leave there.
For Berry Mix:
9. While your pie crust is baking at saucepan on low and add frozen (or Barry mix) berries and sugar, stir gently to defrost and warm. Once defrosted, add flour and mix until combined.
10. Cook for as little as possible - only until everything is mixed together- set aside and let Barry mix cool (depends really on the size of your crust but I'd suggest to check it with a fork starting 20 minutes in - you should check the crust to see if its done -crumbling means its good to go!)
11. Once the Barry mix is cooled and your pie mix golden (still in the oven) , pour the barrier into the pie crust and stick back into the over and cook for for 20-30 minute