Michelle's Lasagna Soup (for pressure cooker)
Why I Love This Recipe
Delicious soup!!! Great for any time of year and any occasion.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 lb. pork sausage
½ c. diced onion
1 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
6 c. chicken broth
1 bay leaf
3 T. minced garlic
2 t. oregano
1 t. thyme
½ t. salt
½ t. ground pepper
8 oz. (half box) radiatore pasta
2 c. ricotta cheese
1 c. parmesan
1 c. shredded mozzarella
* Turn on pressure cooker, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
* Press “brown” button (or the saute’ button, depending on your cooker model). Cook crumbled sausage thoroughly, and drain the fat.
* Add in onion, spaghetti sauce, diece tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaf, garlic, oregano, thyme, sale, pepper, and pasta.
* Place lid on pressure cooker, lock lid, making sure the release valve is in the closed position. Cook 15 mins., do a “quick release,” and remove the lid.
* In a small bowl, combine ricotta and parmesan.
* To serve, place a small amount of the cheese mixture into the bottom of bowl, and ladle the soup over top of it. Top with a bit of shredded mozzarella. Stir to combine the melting cheese.