"Easy potato"Serves 3-4 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10-15 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
First of all who doesn't love potatoes mash potato is so easy to make and honestly doesn't take a lot of time or effort. It's such a creat comfort food and just gives you that at home feeling. Now this is a creamy mash potato but it's a great canvas to add some of your own personal taste to. Want some crunch, go ahead add some croutons. Want some spice, add some chilli flakes. Just gave fun and enjoy
Ingredients You'll Need
Two medium potatoes
Spring onions (optional)
Red chilli powder ( optional)
1. First peel and roughly cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
2. Next put the potatoes in a pot with just enough to submerge all the potatoes.
3. Place the pot on a high flame and add a dash of salt.
4. In about 10 minutes the potatoes should be ready to remove from the flame. But check whether it is done.
5. Once the potatoes have cooled, mash them. I used the bottom of a cup.
6. Once the potatoes are mostly mashed, add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 2 teaspoon of milk and mix till smooth.
7. Now add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Now finely chop the spring onions and use as garnish and sprinkle some red chillie powder on the top.
Pairs Well With
Steamed vegetables or great on its its own