Marbled Orange Fudge
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
* 3 cups sugar
* 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
* 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
* 3 teaspoons orange extract
* 12 drops yellow food coloring
* 5 drops red food coloring
Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallow creme until smooth.
Remove 1 cup and set aside. Add orange extract and food coloring to the remaining mixture; stir until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Drop reserved marshmallow mixture by tablespoonfuls over the top; cut through with a knife to swirl. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.