"Homemade mango ice cream"Serves 1 liter | Prep Time 4-5 hours (min 8h to set) | Cook Time 30 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This 3 ingredient ice cream is quite simple and tasty. If you like mango and icecream this is just the recipe for you. And I'll be honest it does require some patience but trust me it's totally worth it. Plus, you'll be left with some great icecream to have after any meal.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 litre whole milk
1/2 liter mango (sweetened) puree
1/2 cup sugar
1. Pour the milk into a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Keep boiling until milk is reduced by half, making sure to mix continuously.
3. Add in the sugar a little before the milk is reduced by half and continue boiling.
4. Once milked is halved remove it from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
5. Once cooled, pour the milk and mango puree into a blender and blend until fully incorporated.
6. Now, pour the mixture into an airtight container and first seal it with seran wrap and then cover it and put it into the freezer.
7. After 3 to 4 hour, once icecream is semi set, put it back into the blender and blend until smooth.
8. Now put the mixture back into the container making sure to first cover it with seran wrap then cover.
9. Allow icecream to set for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
Pairs Well With
After any meal