Mac and Cheese
Why I Love This Recipe
Provided with love by Jackie Avalos
Ingredients You'll Need
1 box Elbow Macaroni
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 cups 2% milk
10 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese (block)
8 oz monterey jack cheese (block)
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp mustard powder
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and season generously with salt. Cook pasta according to the box directions. Drain completely once pasta is cooked.
2. While pasta is cooking, grate cheese.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
4. Whisk in flour. Once fully dissolved add in milk slowly, whisking the entire time.
5. Add in cubed cream cheese. Once fully dissolved add in grated cheese.
6. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
7. Pour cheese sauce over noodles and fold in cheese sauce.
8. Realize you under seasoned and add in the onion powder, garlic powder, and mustard powder to taste.