ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
"In one pot so much to eat!"Serves 6 Servings | Prep Time | Cook Time 30 minutes total
Why I Love This Recipe
A heardy meal in one dish. My mom would make this every New Year's day using the bone from the Thanksgiving turkey and instead of celery she used cardone. Cardone is part of the artichoke family. It is a delicy used in Italian and French cooking. Although it looks like large celery it can't be eaten raw.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 carrot chopped
2 celery stalk chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
10 cups of homemade chicken broth or low sodium chicken broth from the store
1/2 cup barley or aini pepe pasta or orzo cooked
1 head fresh spinage cleaned and cut up
freshly chopped parsley
1 wisked egg
3 tbs of grated parmisan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 clove of minced garlic
1 1/2 tbs of grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
dash of salt
dash of pepper
TO MAKE MEABALLS
1. Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
2. Shape meat mix in to tiny balls and set asside.
TO MAKE SOUP
1. In a large soup pot with a little oil saute onions, carrots, and celery until tener.
2, Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add spinage and cook for about 5 minutes
3. Add meatballs and cook for about 8 minuts then add cooked pasta. Cook for about another 2 minutes.
4. Drizzle egg and cheese mixture into simmering soup a little at a time. Then stir. Cook for about another minute.
5. Plate and add additional grated cheese if you desire. Enjoy!
Pairs Well With