Garlic Scape Hummus
Why I Love This Recipe
FEATURING: Garlic scapes (and freshly cut veggies you have - ex: rabioles, kohlrabi, radishes, carrots, etc.)
Simple and delicious, this is a great dip for freshly cut veggies. Also great in wraps, sandwiches, burgers… and tacos to try something a little different!
Ingredients You'll Need
15.5 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup garlic scapes, chopped
3/4 cup tahini
3/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. In a food processor, chop garlic scapes
2. Combine chickpeas, tahini, and lemon juice with garlic scapes, and process.
3. Your mixture will be fairly thick.
4. Slowly add olive oil while continuing to blend. If too thick, add a little more oil or water.
5. Add cumin and sea salt, and blend one more time.