Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Why I Love This Recipe
Submitted by Katie Mayes
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 15-oz can black beans rinsed and drained
• 3 large eggs
• 3 Tbsp flavorless oil, like canola or sunflower 45 mL
• 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
• ⅔ cup sugar 120 g
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 30 g
• ½ tsp finely ground or instant coffee optional
• ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 60 g
Wets: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C). Puree black beans in food processor into a rough paste. In a large bowl, mix together the bean puree, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
Dries: In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt, and coffee (if using). Add the dry ingredients to the wets, then stir in chocolate chips.
Bake: Grease an 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan, then line with parchment paper. Pour in batter and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the edges are visibly cooked and the center doesn’t jiggle much when you shake the pan (a toothpick may still come out a little gooey, that’s fine!)* Allow brownies to cool before cutting.