Freedom Marinade and Pew Pew Butter Sauce
"A perfect marinade for any protein"Serves 1 to 10 | Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 25
Why I Love This Recipe
I was taught about the wonderful combinations in this marinade and the amazing things it does for proteins and the freedom you have to add to it. It is an all around amazing marinade
Ingredients You'll Need
4 cups of Mustard
4 cups of Brown Sugar
4 cups of Worcestershire
4 cups of Red Wine Vinegar
4 cups of Olive Oil
4 cups of A-1
1 tbsp of Liquid Smoke
2 tbsp of Red Chili Flakes
4 cups of Soy Sauce (low sodium optional)
2 red onions
1) collect all your ingredients and be organized with all the portions and equipment you will need. Being clean and having everything in place is the key to working well. The french call it Mise en palce (everything in place)
2) In a large bowl mix all your ingredients and take a whisk and mix all the ingredients together making sure all the oil and sugar and mustard are will mixed together.
3) Cut red onion in half and then you will do a saute cut very thin and throw in to marinade.
4) Marinade should taste sweet/ tart and salty
5) Put marinade into refrigerator until cool or if you plan on marinating a protein then first pour some side in a separate container so you can make butter sauce later to cover when protein is done. Once you have divided your marinade add your protein and let marinade over night or at least 3 hours. So the protein has time to break down and get all the flavors.
6) The best way to cook with this marinade is grilling on a wood grill, but if not then oven works good broil first to caramelize or a hot cast iron pan .
7) Now for the butter sauce pour the marinade you devided and let the liquid reduce to a little more then half way once reduced take off heat and add some salted butter and swirl around. The shock should thicken up and have a shiny look and should be thick on the back of a spoon.
8) In a separate saute pan throw in your onions and add butter and olive oil and let the onions sweat so they are soft and transparent. then add 1/4 cup of red wine and let the wine cook out for about 4 min; throw some sugar on it and salt to taste and once they are sweated and wine is reduced you will throw in the marinade in the pot with the onions and now you have your sauce . ( you can throw mushrooms in as well)
9) now enjoy
Pairs Well With
This marinates very well with steak, poultry , fish and then you can reduce the marinade that you put aside before putting the protein in to marinate. You can reduce it and make and amazing butter wine sauce to go on top of it.