Eye of Round
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1½-pound eye of round roast
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put roast in a fairly shallow roasting pan, without the rack, and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Reduce
oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes for a “pink” interior (add about 15 additional minutes for
each additional pound of roast).
4 potatoes, cut into several pieces
¾ cup water
⅓ cup vegetable oil
About 25 minutes before the roast is done, put the potatoes around the roast in the roasting pan. Add the
water and oil and stir to coat well. Stir the potatoes several times to brown them nicely. Add more water
and oil if needed.
Gas Grill Rotisserie Method
3-pound eye of round roast
Coarse black pepper
1. Preheat grill with medium heat.
2. Sprinkle roast liberally with hickory salt and garlic powder, then sprinkle with a LOT of black pepper.
3. Place roast on the rotisserie spit and bake until a thermometer reads 135 to 140 degrees (about 1½
hours for a “pink” center – check it at 1 hour).
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Beef