Why I Love This Recipe
Eggplant can be made in numerious ways with tomato sauce and mozzarella. This is an easy and delicious dish to make if you are experienced or have never made eggplant before.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 large eggplant or 2 small ones.
1 cup olive oil
1 1/4 cup of tomato sauce (prefer homemade)
3 tbs grated romano cheese
1/2 lb of mozzarella cheese slive thin
1. Peel eggplant and cut into thin slices.
2. Run eggplant under water and pat dry. Let the eggplant drain for about 20 minutes.
3. Heat oil on medium heat. Fry eggplant until brown on both sides. Drain egglpant on dish covered with paper towel until completly drained.
4. Place a layer of eggplant in a caserole, cover with sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and then with a layer of mozzarella. Repeat until all eggplant is used.
5. Place in a 350 degree preheated over for about 15 minutes until all mozzarell cheese is melted. Serve hot and Enjoy
Pairs Well With
macaroni or even in a sandwich