Dutch oven bread - No knead
"This easy to make bread only uses 3 ingredients and it is delicious!"Serves 1 loaf | Prep Time 15 minutes plus at least 8 hours to rise time (I left it rise overnight) | Cook Time 40 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This bread is crusty and tasty. It is very good for sandwiches or toast.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping
2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (about 110 F)
1. In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt and yeast until well mixed. Pour in warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir until a shaggy dough forms. The mixture will be wet and very sticky to the touch.
2. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place 8 to 18 hours until dough rises, bubbles and flattens on top.
3. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Once oven is preheated, place a 6-quart Dutch oven (with cover) in oven 30 minutes before baking.
4. Meanwhile, punch down dough. Generously flour a surface and transfer dough to, with floured hands, quickly shape into a ball. Place dough on parchment paper and sprinkle top lightly with flour. Top with a sheet of plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
5. Remove Dutch oven from oven. Uncover dough and carefully transfer to Dutch oven, with parchment paper beneath, keep parchment paper beneath dough). Cover Dutch oven and return to oven.
6. Bake bread 40 minutes covered, then another 10 minutes uncovered until dough is baked through and golden brown on top. Cool slightly before slicing.