Chocolate Mocha Mousse Filled Cupcakes
Why I Love This Recipe
One of my co-workers had a birthday in December. I decided to try these cupcakes I found at Janet is Hungry, they looked like they would be delicious and they were. Everyone liked them at work.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups strong brewed coffee, cooled
Filling: 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips 1 tbsp strong brewed coffee 3/4 cup heavy cream 1 tbsp icing sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare 2 muffins tins, either line with cupcake papers or grease.
2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl and mix with whisk.
In another bowl beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until creamy. Add the flour mixture to wet ingredients beating just until incorporated. Mix in coffee until smooth (don't over-mix).
3. Fill prepared tins with batter 2/3 full. Bake at 350F for 22-24 minutes, until tester comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely.
4. To make filling: combine chocolate chips and coffee in a double boiler of simmering water. Stir until melted, let this mixture cool slightly.
5. In a large bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the melted chocolate just until well blended.
6. Cut out a cone shape about 3/4" thick from the top of the cup cake. Take the tip off of this.
7. With pastry bag and tip fill each cupcake with filling and place the cut out cones on top. Place in frig to chill.
8. Make Icing: In a double boiler heat cream until just starting to simmer. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. I added icing sugar to this and made an icing. Maybe about a cup or so until it is the thickness you wish. Janet is hungry made a glaze. Once the cream and chocolate were melted she dipped the cupcakes in this mixture.
Also can be seen http://canadianbakertoo.blogspot.com/