Chicken With 40 Cloves of Garlic
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
6 Sticks of Thyme
4 tbs heavy Cream
2 tbs Coniak
Vino Blanko (white wine)
1 whole chicken
First fabricate the chicken, breaking it down into breasts, thighs, and drumsticks.
2) Once your chicken is fabricated, season the skin side with salt and pepper to taste
3) Place pan over high heat and add canola oil and allow it to get up to temperature also preheat the Oven to 350*
4) Once the oil is heated add the garlic and stir to avoid burning it
5) once the Garlic begins to brown place the chicken in the pan skin side down and allow to brown nicely
6) Whale the chicken skin is browning, season the skinless side with salt and pepper to taste
7) Be sure to continue to stir and flip garlic to ensure the garlic is cooked evenly
8) Add thyme sticks to pan
9) Once the chicken skin is a nice brownish gold flip so that skin side is up
10) add several splashes of white wine, lemon, and chicken neck to the pan
11) Cover pan with tin foil and place in oven for 10 minutes
12) After removing pan from oven remove chicken from pan and set aside for a moment
13) add conyak and heavy cream to pan
14) replace chicken in pan skin side up and return to oven uncover to allow skin to crisp up before serving.
15) remove pan from oven and plate chicken with sauce and garnish with thyme and garlic as desired.