"Dessert, Caramel Apples; in class recipe"Serves 6 servings | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
I liked the caramel very much, but if I were you I would cut it up to eat it or else it gets very messy
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
kosher salt (to taste)
toppings of choice
nonstick cooking spray (for pan)
1. add the sugar, corn syrup, and 1/2 cup of water to a sauce pan over med, high heat ; stir before the sugar brings to a boil, to combine ingredients; bring the mixture to a boil
2. cook until the mixture begins to turn and amber color, then swirl to even out the color; continue to cook until the mixture is a deep amber color, then remove from heat
3. carefully pour in the cream and gently whisk to combine; stir in the butter, vanilla, and a pinch of kosher salt until smooth
4. one at a time, dip in an apple, using the stick as a handle and swirling to coat completely; allow excess caramel to drip off the bottom.
5. set each apple on the parchment paper and sprinkle with toppings of your choice.
6. let cool and come back to get them later.
Pairs Well With
Caramel apples would go good with a hot chocolate on a nice fall day.