Caprese Chicken Breasts Pan-Fried from Frozen
Why I Love This Recipe
A simple, but delicious meal to make on a cool summer evening!
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 individually frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cut into four 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Add the olive oil to a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat. Gently place the chicken in the skillet and cook, covered, until golden brown on the bottoms, about 10 minutes
2. Flip the chicken, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and top with the tomato and then mozzarella slices.
3. Sprinkle the mozzarella with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper
4. Cover the skillet and continue to cook until the mozzarella is melted and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes more
5. Top the chicken with basil before serving