Cali-Avocado Steak Salad
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1/2 pound)
6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 large navel orange
1 large Fresh California Avocado
2 loaves naan bread, (about 3 ounces each)
4 cups mixed salad greens
1. Rub both sides of beef steak with 1 teaspoon olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. Cut bottom and top off orange. Remove remaining skin from orange; cut into segments; reserve. Cut avocado in half; remove pit, but do not peel. Squeeze juice from two cut ends of orange over cut sides of avocado, then brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
3. Brush both sides of naan bread with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
4. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. During last 2 to 3 minutes of grilling, place avocado, cut side down, and naan bread on grill; turn bread once.
5. Meanwhile, toss salad greens with remaining olive oil and pepper. Add orange segments
to salad. Remove skin from grilled avocado. Cut avocado into slices; add to salad and toss gently. Carve steak into thin slices; place on top of salad. Cut naan into wedges; arrange around salad.