"Breaded chicken cutlets topped wih chesse and tomato sauce."Serves 4 Servings | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 30 mins total prep and cooking time
Why I Love This Recipe
If you love pizza you will love this dish. Same topping. Can also use veal cutles which is my favorite.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 lb thinly sliced chicken breast
1 egg beaten
2/3 to 1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs
1/lb slized fresh mozzarella chese
ready made tomato sauce, homemade always the best
Parmesan cheese enough for sprinkling
olive oil for frying
1. Beat egg in a dish
2. Put Italian flavored breadcumbs in a flat plate.
3.. Thoroughly dip chicken first in egg and then in breadcrumbs coating both sides.
4. Place coated chicken in a plate covered with parchment paper until all chicken has been coated.
5. Heat oil in a skilled over medium heat until oil is how. Place a few cutlets in pan and fry each side for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. Flame should be medium to low.
6. Once cutlets are done, place in plate coverd with a paper towel and let drain for a few minutes. Continue cooking cutlets until all are done.
6. In a shallow wide baking dish add some tomato sauce to the bottom . Place cutlets one by one in dish and cover with mozzarella cheese and them tomato sauce. Sprinkle some cheese on top.
8.Bake in 350 degree pre heated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy
Pairs Well With
Side dish of macaroni, rice balls, potato croquet. Also with nice bread.