CHICKEN INASAL CATERPILLAR ROLL
Why I Love This Recipe
Here's my additional sushi recipe...Chicken Inasal Caterpillar Roll!!! Inasal word is originated in Bacolod City (PH), a term in cooking which is composed of meat, marinated in a mixture of soy sauce and other flavorings then chargrilled. In this recipe, the ingredients were just fried instead of grilling it. In the other hand, caterpillar roll is the same thing with dragon roll - a thinly sliced avocado placed on top of a sushi roll thus, look-like a caterpillar.
Ingredients You'll Need
Blanched or fried veggies: strips of carrot and chayote (sayote)
1/2 cup oil
10g annato seeds (atsuete)
2 cups sushi rice
250 grams chicken breast
4 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp butter
4 tbs water
Annato seed (atsuete) oil - To make it: Heat sauce pot with 1/2 cup oil, put 10 grams of annato seeds, cook for 3-5 mins in low fire stir once in awhile
(don't boil, over cooked annato seeds will make the oil bitter)
To make 2 cups of Sushi Rice: Just mix 1 tsp annato oil (based on my recipe)
To Cook Chicken Inasal prepare:
Annato (atsuete) oil
small amount of butter
250 grams chicken breast (marinated for at least 30 minutes)
Marinade (4 tbs soy sauce, 2 tbs brown sugar, minced ginger, ground pepper and garlic)
1. Heat oil and butter in a pan.
2. Fry chicken in medium heat until light golden brown.
3. Add 4 tbs water into the remaining marinade and another 3 tbs soy sauce and a pinch of sugar then microwave for 30 seconds.
4. Put them in together with the chicken.
5. Put in low fire.
6. Cook until the sauce is thickened and the meat is glazy.
7. Put some sesame seeds.
Time to Roll a Nori:
1. Put Nori on the board, shiny part facing down.
2. Fill the nori with rice while spreading evenly, pressing down the sheet.
3. Leave 1 inch space at the end of the nori.
4. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
5. Slowly turn over the nori on the board. (seaweed sheet on top).
6. Align first the tuna sisig on the side of nori that has no space, then put the other fillings next to it.
7. Use gloves to roll sushi so that the rice will not stick on your hands.
8. Put your thumb below the edge of the nori then lift up slowly while holding the fillings down with your four fingers.
9. Roll up then give a grip downward, pushing towards the end of nori.
10. Get the avocado.
11. Slice into half.
12. Spoon out the half of avocado on the board.
13. Slice the avocado thinly in a steadily manner.
14. With the help of your index finger, push gently the avocado from left to right or either way (depends on the position of your dominant hand).
15. Get the knife then slide into the avocado.
16. Lift the knife and lay down carefully on top of uramaki roll.
17. Cover the dragon roll with a plastic before slicing it.
18. Begin slicing it into 1 inch in each sushi roll.
19. Remove plastic.