Broccoli Fritters With Cheddar Cheese
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
8 ounces broccoli, cut into small pieces or chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp oat fiber or almond flour, or powdered pork rinds (regular flour if not low carb)
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 Tbsp avocado oil or your favorite
1. Cut fresh broccoli crowns and stems into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch pieces. Steam lightly in the microwave or in
a steamer. Drain any excess water and dry with paper towels if wet. (If using leftover broccoli, drain well
and chop into small bite-sized pieces.)
1. Toss or stir the broccoli with your flour of choice and the Cajun seasoning to coat. Add the egg and stir.
Add the cheddar cheese and stir until thoroughly combined.
1. Place a cast iron or non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. A non
stick pan needs less oil. Visually divide the mixture into fourths and spoon into the pan, arranging in a low
mound or patty. Scrape any tumbled pieces back into the piles.
2. Cook on one side until the cheese on the top of the patty begins to melt and the bottom is crusty brown,
about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until browned.
3. Makes 4 large patties, 2.8 NC each. Serve topped with an egg or with a dipping sauce.