Arroz con Pollo
Why I Love This Recipe
One of my favorite dishes of all time. I lived in Miami for many years and Authentic Cuban Arroz con Pollo is without comparison in my opinion. This is how I prepare it in my house and it is simply wonderful! You can take the chicken off the bone as well and mix with the rice, but I have always enjoyed eating it right off the bone.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 packages · chicken thighs skinned (4 pieces)
1 packages · chicken legs skinned (5 pieces)
1 tsp · salt
1 tsp · black pepper
½ cup · green onion (fine chop)
1 red bell pepper fine chop (or green if u prefer)
1 can · chicken stock (14.5 oz)
½ tsp · cayane pepper
¼ tsp · tumeric
1 cup · uncooked uncle bens converted rice (or other brand if you prefer)
½ cup · green olives (pitted and halved)
1 tsp · minced garlic
2 tbsp · olive oil
1. skin ckicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel..lightly salt and pepper pieces and set aside
2. finely chop onion and pepper
3. heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil ..when hot add garlic..let brown for 1 minute add chicken pieces and brown on all sides
4. while chicken is browning in a separate frying pan saute peppers and onions over med heat (give them a sweat)
5. once chicken is browned on all sides move (stack) on one side of the skillet..
6. add peppers and onions and mix in rice, tumeric, cayenne pepper and mix well
7. and full can of chicken stock..stir..spread chicken out on top of rice and bring to a boil.. reduce heat to low and cover .. cook for 10 minutes stir occasionally
8. turn chicken pieces and cover and let cook for another 10 minutes
9. add olives.. reduce heat to simmer or warm and let sit covered for 5 minutes ..
10. chicken should be fork tender and rice should be nice and moist.. dish out and enjoy!