"A delicious apple cake so worth making. Especially enjoyable even for breakfast."Serves 8 to 10 servings | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 1 1/4 hours
Why I Love This Recipe
Not only is this cake delicious but it brings me back to the good old days of working and enjoying trading recipies with my frineds.
Ingredients You'll Need
6 apples (3 cups) peeled, cored & sliced
2 cups and 5 tbsp. of sugar
5 tsp of cinnamon
3 cups flour
3 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup salad oil
4 eggs - lightly beaten
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat overn 350 degrees
2. Combine apples, 5 tsp sugar and cinnamion and set aside
3. Sift flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowll. Make a well in center and pour in oil, eggs, range juice and vanilla
4. Beat with wooden spoon until well blended.
5. Spoon 1/3 of batter into greased 9in tube pan. Place 1/2 of apple mixture over he batter making a ring. Do not let apples touch side of pan.
6. Spoon 1/3 of batter over apples. Place remaining apples over the batter again in a ring form not touching sides of pan. Top with the rest of the batter.
7. Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until done. If browning too quickly, cover with foil. Once one cool to lukewarm before removing from the pan.
8. Make yourself a cup of hot coffee or tea and enjoy