Vanilla Pound Cake - gluten free
Why I Love This Recipe
I haven't made a scratch cake since becoming gluten free. Decided to look at one at LandOLakes.com. I modified it a little. It came out really good.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp orange extract (or 1 tbs fresh orange juice or 1 tsp lemon extract)
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup half and half
1 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Stir together all Dry Ingredients in a bag or lidded container. Shake to completely mix. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine cooled melted butter with brown sugar, beat in eggs.
4. Gradually add butter, sugar and egg mixture into the Dry Ingredients, beating at low speed, then begin adding the milk until mixed. Beat at medium speed about 2 minutes.
5. Pour batter into greased and floured(can use rice) 12-cup Bundt or 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
6. Optionally drizzle with lemon or orange frosting.