Ultimate Pepper Poppers
Why I Love This Recipe
My husband just LOVES poppers and well he's a little particular, see he's from WI home of the Dairy Air AKA CHEESE LAND! So he like CHEESE poppers not the cream cheese version. So what do I find late at night looking for my meal planning ideals. A recipe for just that CHEESE Poppers..can I say that enough..Whip up Bake up and ENJOY!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4oz.)
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4oz.)
6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb fresh jalapeno, halved lengthwise and seeded
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
sour cream or salsa or prepared onion dip or ranch salad dressing (or any combo of the above!)
1. In mixing bowl, combine first 7 ingredients, mix well.
2. Spoon about 2 Tbl. filling into each pepper half.
3. Roll in breadcrumbs, and place into greased 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
4. Bake, uncovered, in 350º oven for 20 minutes for spicy, 30 minutes for medium, and 40 minutes for mild.
5. Serve with sour cream, salsa, dip or dressing.