Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
kasseri or kefalotyri cheese
little flour and butter
ome brandy and fresh lemons
1. Cut about a 1/2" slice of kefalotyri or kasseri cheese.
2. Dip the cheese in a beaten egg (I also add a little lemon juice).
3. Dredge in flour seasoned with some fresh pepper.
4. Melt butter in a skillet (cast iron or nonstick is best).
5. Cook cheese in butter until it is browned and melty.
6. Splash with brandy.
7. Flame the brandy (shake pan a little).
8. Say "OPA!"
9. Squirt with fresh lemon.
10. Eat on pita and say "mmmm." :)
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Mediterranean