Parmesan Risotto w/Spinach & Mushrooms
Why I Love This Recipe
To accompany lamb chops I made for my husband's belated Valentine's Day dinner, I made this risotto that was perfectly creamy and full of veggies.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup white wine
4 cups beef or chicken broth
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen, drained chopped spinach
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
olive oil or butter
- In pan, saute garlic in olive oil or butter.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil/butter.
- Add white wine and reduce.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth and stir until reduced.
- Continue to add 1 cup of broth at a time until it is all reduced.
- Stir in mushrooms and spinach, cook until heated through.
- Add cheese and a touch of half & half. Stir.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 2 minutes before serving.