Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Why I Love This Recipe
Lamb can be an easy and satisfying weeknight meal, and these lamb loin chops with a fragrant and flavourful Marsala sauce will prove it. Serve over mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
Ingredients You'll Need
• 5-6 lamb loin chops
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
• Salt & pepper• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
• 8 oz (227 g) fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
• 2 shallots, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) Marsala wine (or dry white wine)
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock
• 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
• Fresh thyme
1. In a shallow bowl mix flour with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge loin chops in flour.
2. In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot add loin chops to pan. Sear on either side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. To same pan, add butter and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms until liquid is released, about 5 minutes. Add shallots and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Slowly add wine to deglaze the pan; using spatula to scrape the pan clean. Add chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and seared loin chops to the pan. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.
5. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve over hot mashed potatoes.
More recipes featuring fresh local ingredients are available at mushrooms.ca.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Mushroom