Cranberry Orange Almond Bread II (Gluten Free)
Why I Love This Recipe
I bought fresh cranberries and decided to bake with them. This is a variation of the first loaf.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups all purpose gluten free flour mix (shown below)
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ginger, ground
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
1/3 cup Spectrum palm shortening
1 cup evaporated cane sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 Tbs Finely grated orange peel (1 orange)
1/2 cup orange juice (or Juice of 1 orange + water)
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, chopped
flour mix -(great in cakes, cupcakes, and quick breads) makes 3 cups
1 cup sweet rice flour
1 cup sorghum flour
2/3 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup tapioca starch or flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1. Mix throughly in a bag. Store in an airtight container in
2. the refrigerator until used. Label accordingly
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add orange peel, orange juice and egg;
mix well. Gradually add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened.
Gently stir in cranberries and almonds. Divide batter evenly among 3 greased 5 1/2x3-inch mini-loaf pans.
3. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 1 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
Best sliced with electric knife
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)
Calories From Fat: 66
Total Fat: 7.6g