Coconut Flour Pound Cake
Why I Love This Recipe
Pound cake is a rich, buttery dessert that’s delicious on its own or as a foundation for berry sauce, glaze or lemon curd. For this organic coconut flour pound cake we’ve replaced part of the white flour and butter with healthier coconut products. The addition of coconut flour and cold pressed coconut oil give this cake a very mild flavor and aroma of tropical coconut that will complement any other extras you want to serve with it.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup white all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup Coco Treasure Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 ½ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with butter or organic extra virgin coconut oil and line it with parchment paper. Also coat the parchment paper with butter or organic extra virgin coconut oil.
2. Sift the first four dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer on low speed to cream organic coconut sugar and butter. Once creamed, add eggs one at a time. Allow each egg to become well incorporated before adding another.
4. Add vanilla.
5. Alternate adding the milk and the flour mixture. Add approximately 1/3 of the flour and mix, then add approximately ½ the milk and mix. Continue until both are incorporated. The batter should be smooth with no lumps.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it evenly. Tap the pan on the counter once or twice to remove air bubbles and help level the batter.
7. Bake for approximately 75 minutes or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cake should be only lightly golden, not browned.
8. Place on rack and cool slightly before inverting the cake onto a plate. Slice for serving.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cake