Chocolate Peanut Butter Sour Cream Cupcakes - Gluten Free
Why I Love This Recipe
Haven't had a good chocolate cupcake in over 3 years. The recipe originally came from Bob’s Red Mill. I made a a couple of changes. These are not only very good, they are nutritious.
Ingredients You'll Need
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup + 2 tbs Water
2 Tbs dark chocolate syrup
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1 cup Sugar
1 1/4 cups Quinoa Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla powder
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
1/3 container (16 oz) Chocolate or Fudge Frosting, optional or your home made frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the Dry ingredients in a lidded container. Shake to thoroughly mix. (This can be prepared and stored for future use with mixing and baking instructions.)
3. Pour the Dry Ingredients in to a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, melted butter, sour cream and chocolate syrup. Mix to combine, gradually adding water. Mix at a medium speed for about 2 minutes.
4. Spoon into a muffin tin lined with paper cup cake liners.
5. Evenly distribute the peanut butter chips over the cupcakes. Lightly press them in with a fork or spatula.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Let cool.
8. Frost by piping the frosting from a bag, if frosting desired.
Yield: 12 delicious nutritious muffins