Chocolate Hazelnut Strawberry Cupcakes
Why I Love This Recipe
If you need something to bake up for dad on Father’s Day, may we suggest these super easy, not-too-sweet, Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes topped with fresh strawberries? Dad will be happy you made him chocolate cake but that you skipped sugary frosting and chose something more cleverly suited for him—smooth and creamy chocolate hazelnut butter. Dad will have a happy belly, while you enjoy record prep-time.
Ingredients You'll Need
For the cupcakes:
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup milk or plant-based milk
1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
For the frosting:
Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut butter
Garnish: sliced strawberries
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Melt ½ cup of butter in a medium bowl. Mix together melted butter and milk. Add eggs one by one until fully incorporated. Add cake mix with a whisk until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. With a ¼ cup scoop, spoon batter into prepared cupcake liners and bake until just set, about 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
4. Let cool in cupcake pan for about 5-10 minutes, until cool enough to remove. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and let cool completely.
For the glaze:
1. Heat 1 cup chocolate hazelnut butter until runny and smooth. Dip the tops of each cupcake into hazelnut butter or spread with a small knife or off-set spatula and let set. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cupcakes