Why I Love This Recipe
This is one of my favorites! It is fairly easy, and takes about 30 min - 45 hour from start to finish. I found a recipe online, and adapting it to our tastes.
My recipe uses plain tomato sauce (aka Hunts sauce from a jar) plus seasoning and sauces - I realize this may be boring, but I really don't like tomato chunks in other marinara-type sauces (a picky food trait of mine from childhood). I'm sure that this recipe would be just as good (if not better) with chunkier sauces.
Ingredients You'll Need
4 lean chicken breast (I love Market Days' chicken steaks)
Salt, pepper and garlic salt
Olive oil (just enough to cover bottom of skillet)
Italian bread crumbs
Tomato sauce (Hunt's sauce with Italian seasoning and garlic)
Shredded mozzarella (less than one bag, usually)
1. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic salt on both sides.
2. Dip seasoned chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
3. Heat olive oil in skillet - cook chicken on medium-high until each side is just lightly browned
4. Place chicken in casserole dish (covered with foil to minimize cleanup).
Blot both sides of chicken with paper towel.
5. Put casserole dish in oven for 15 minutes at 350.
6. Remove cassole dish - pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken (not covering it completely).
Cover chicken with mozzarella cheese.
Put back in over for about 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melter.
7. We serve with angel hair pasta and the rest of the tomato sauce mixture.
Top with parmesan cheese.