Bite Brownie Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
Peanut Butter "Bite" Brownie Cookies.
I wanted brownies. I wanted cookies. I wanted PB&J ... So I combined them all...
....Be Careful, They bite back....
Ingredients You'll Need
1 (19.5-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury Brownie Classics Traditional Fudge Brownie Mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cup Orange Marmalade (I like a more bitter marmalade so I usually make my own)
Zest from 2 oranges
1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
1 cup chunky Peanut Butter
1 tsp. cayenne pepper (or a tiny bit more)
1 cup chocolate fudge ready-to-spread frosting (1/2 can)
1. Heat oven to 350�F.
2. In a small pan, Stir and heat marmalade, zest and cranberries till gel is thin. Strain to 1 cup solids.
3. In small bowl, combine marmalade, cayenne and peanut butter. Chill. When cold, roll into 24 balls. (approx. 1T each) Put back in fridge till needed.
4. In medium bowl, beat brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese and egg 50 strokes with spoon until well blended (dough will be sticky).
5. Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart to make 24 cookies; smooth edge of each to form round cookie.
6. Lightly press 1 peanut butter ball into center of each ball of dough.
7. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. Cool cookies on cookie sheets 5-10 minutes. (till you can pick them up with your fingers)
8. Heat frosting in small pan till thinned - do not boil - whisk to even consistency. - Dip top of cookie in frosting, set on cooling rack.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Brownie