Baked Haddock and Spinach
Why I Love This Recipe
The tomatoes and spinach add flavor to the haddock.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups frozen chopped spinach
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
½ cup sliced onion
1 # haddock fillets
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
1. Cook frozen spinach according to directions and drain well. Squeeze out excess water.
2. Melt butter / margarine in a medium sauce pan over medium low heat.
3. Add onions and sauté till onions are tender
4. Add spinach and cook 3 minutes, stirring often
5. Arrange fish fillets in a single layer in a baking dish
6. Spoon spinach around haddock fillets
7. Drain tomatoes; reserve juice, adding water, if necessary, to measure 1 cup
8 . Spoon tomatoes around haddock fillets
9. Sprinkle herbs and 1/2 tsp salt over fillets
10. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.
(Fish should flake easily with a fork when done)